An abandoned Asylum. The main building is built between 1786 and 1825 and the purpose was a hospital for the charitable. But soon it became an boarding school for the children of former soldiers. In 1871 the place was converted to a psychiatric hospital by a famous Italian psychiatric. It became the centre for neurological studies and experiments. Using nerve operations and shocktherapy.
He expended the place with facilities to conduct the experiments and operations. It became 10.000 acres with a high fence around the complex.
The complex was self-sufficient and at that time 500 employees were working there and over 1500 people lived there and got treatment.
After introducing the Basaglia Law (about mental health) in 1980, the asylum had to close there doors. Since then the asylum has been abandoned.
The architectural level is very beautiful, in contrast to the dark history of this place.